The 2017 International Folk Art Market Application
The 2017 International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe (IFAM | Santa Fe) is on July 14, 15, & 16 2017.
This is the first year the International Folk Art Alliance (IFAA) is offering an online application process. If you are familiar with the old application process, we will no longer require three hard copies to be mailed to us. To apply, you will be required to create a User Name and Password to log into the Artist Portal (see HOW TO APPLY on this page). This will allow you to partially complete the application, save the work, and complete at a later date until you are ready to submit your completed application.
For your reference, an outline of the online application can be downloaded here: 2017 APPLICATION LIST
For questions about the application process, contact Sachiko Umi by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 1-505-992-7610.
Inquiries for advice or assistance should be made before October 1, 2016
The deadline for online submissions is October 1, 2016. Individual artists, cooperatives, non-profit organizations, businesses or individual sponsors are eligible to apply. See Selection Process for additional criteria.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Individual artists, cooperatives, non-profit organizations, businesses or individual sponsors are eligible to apply. See Selection Process for additional criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
- There is no application fee.
- The 2017 International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe Application is available online and can be completed electronically.
- NEW to the ONLINE process? Register Here and complete the 2017 Application.
(Create a Username and Password to access the 2017 application.)
- Already have an account? Log in here and find the 2017 Application on the Forms tab of your existing account.
- Create an account to save and return to the application as needed until completed. Once the application is complete, SUBMIT the application for review by IFAA.
- The quality and type of photographs submitted are important. Applications are evaluated based on the photographs provided and should clearly represent the art work being written about in the application. If selected for participation in the 2017 IFAM | Santa Fe, the photographs submitted may be used for many purposes, including publicity on IFAA’s website. You must have the legal rights to use the photographs you send us.
- New for 2017 – Supplemental: Innovation Form
IFAA believes that tradition serves as the basis for contemporary folk arts and will feature a group of artists who demonstrate excellence in innovations within their folk art traditions. Traditions may evolve over time in materials, methods, design and/or products used. Collaboration between artists working in different traditions will also be considered. The Innovation Form is within the 2017 Online Application. If you have questions about innovative folk art products prior to completing your application, please contact email@example.com
- Financial Assistance Form
First-time Market artists who want to apply for financial assistance should complete the Financial Assistance form. Eligibility criteria:
- Must be a first-time Market artist who will attend the event
- Must be an artist who is independent or part of a cooperative or nonprofit organization
- Businesses and artists with sponsors are ineligible
- Artists or sponsoring organizations who have attended IFAM | Santa Fe previously are ineligible
A limited number of financial assistance packages are available. The packages are awarded to support an artist’s international roundtrip airfare, local transportation (Albuquerque/Santa Fe), educational programming, hotel in Santa Fe, and meals during educational programming and the International Folk Art Market. The package can be expanded to cover the costs for a qualified interpreter upon discretion by IFAA. Artists who receive financial assistance must still cover costs such as passport and visa fees, shipping, transportation within own country and booth fee. The Financial Assistance Form is located within the 2017 Online Application.
Contact: IFAA@nminteractive.org for technical assistance to log into and access the 2017 International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe application.
October 1, 2016 is the last day to submit online applications for the 2017 International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe. Individuals encountering difficulties accessing the online application must contact Sachiko Umi prior to the September 1, 2016 deadline for alternate submissions.
Applicants will be notified by December 31, 2016 whether or not they are invited to participate in the 2017 International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe.
Financial Assistance Notifications
First-time applicants who applied for Financial Assistance and are invited to participate in the 2017 International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe will be notified by January 31, 2017 whether or not they will receive Financial Assistance.
Contact and help for artist and application-related matters, including information about applying to the International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe:
Director of Artist Relations
International Folk Art Alliance
+1 505-992-7610 (phone)