Travel the world with us!
Passport to Folk Art Trips are a life-changing opportunity to meet master folk artists in their home countries, experience rich histories and traditions firsthand, and connect with the artists that are creating a better future for their communities through folk art. Each trip includes a donation to the International Folk Art Alliance, allowing us to support opportunities for folk artists around the world.
Passport to Folk Art Trips Have Included:
I have traveled to several countries through the Passport to Folk Art Trip program on trips lead by Jean Zunkel with others who have been involved with the International Folk Art Alliance and its flagship program, the International Folk Art Market | Santa Fe. These trips have been the most interesting and exceptionally well-organized trips I have ever taken.
The trips include interacting with former and new artists as well as meeting with government officials associated with the arts and cultural tourism. The trips are steeped in culture, arts, history, fine food, and experiences that last a lifetime.
Here are five reasons to join their upcoming trip: Passport to Folk Art: Colombia – December 1 to 12, 2017. Reservation details and trip highlights are below.
1) A small group of fewer than 12 people interested in folk art and culture, are your traveling companions.
2) These are NOT cookie cutter tours. They are customized to your interests with a combination of historical sites, museums, folk artists, shops, markets, and natural wonders.
3) Accommodations—luxury and comfort abound in high-end boutiques hotels, which are often historically significant or cultural icons.
4) From top dining to street food, and lunches in folk artists’ homes, the dining experiences are truly memorable.
5) The cultural learning and experiences that come from meeting with the artists in their communities, eating in their homes, seeing them demonstrate their art, and buying from them, leaves everyone happy. We bring the Market to them and they share their world with us.
The experience is extraordinary. We hope you will consider traveling to Colombia on the upcoming Passport to Folk Art Trip!
Chairman and CEO, The Santa Fe Group
Board of Directors, International Folk Art Alliance
Passport to Folk Art Trips
Colombia | Passport to Folk Art Trip 2017
Bogotá, Medellin, Cartegena
December 1, 2017 | Arrive in Bogotá, Colombia
December 12, 2017 | Depart Cartegena, Colombia
Trip Cost: $8,390 Per Person, Sharing; $1,100 Single Supplement
Based on 6 people participating or a surcharge will apply
For a detailed itinerary, more information, and to register for your trip email Jean Zunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the Zenu Indigenous Community, where Reinel Mendoza Montalbo and the extended 40-artist family of Divino Niño, work to preserve their culture through their hand woven black and beige hats
- Explore the hidden jewel of Zipaquirá, the Salt Cathedral, carved 600 feet underground in a still functioning salt mine—where each of the fourteen Stations of the Cross was carved by a different artist
- Learn about Artesanías de Colombia, an organization that preserves folk art traditions and promotes a brand of Colombian identity and culture through their programs—and have a jewelry workshops
All PASSPORT TO FOLK ART** trips are FULLY INCLUSIVE of:
- All Accommodations
- Meals and Beverages
- Transportation including airline tickets for countries on itinerary
- Sightseeing and Transfers
- English-Speaking Guides and Entrance Fees
- Gratuities (Some gratuities on Cuba trips not included in price.)
- Donation to the International Folk Art Alliance
**Add on trips may not have the same inclusions.
You as the traveler need only pay for:
- International Airline Tickets (Tickets from Miami to Havana included for Cuba trips)
- Insurance (Required on most, strongly recommended for Cuba)
- Personal Expenses (Airport taxes, visas, camera fees, specialty beverages, etc.)
For details related to accessibility and levels of physical activity with trips, please contact your trip organizer.