Travel the world with us!
Passport to Folk Art Trips are a life-changing opportunity to meet master folk artists in their home countries, experience rich histories and traditions firsthand, and connect with the artists that are creating a better future for their communities through folk art. Each trip includes a donation to the International Folk Art Alliance, allowing us to support opportunities for folk artists around the world.
Passport to Folk Art Trips Have Included:
Passport to Folk Art Trips
Colombia | Passport to Folk Art Trip 2017
Bogotá, Medellin, Cartegena
December 1, 2017 | Arrive in Bogotá, Colombia
December 12, 2017 | Depart Cartegena, Colombia
Trip Cost: $8,390 Per Person, Sharing; $1,100 Single Supplement
Based on 6 people participating or a surcharge will apply
For a detailed itinerary, more information, and to register for your trip email Jean Zunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the Zenu Indigenous Community, where Reinel Mendoza Montalbo and the extended 40-artist family of Divino Niño, work to preserve their culture through their hand woven black and beige hats
- Explore the hidden jewel of Zipaquirá, the Salt Cathedral, carved 600 feet underground in a still functioning salt mine—where each of the fourteen Stations of the Cross was carved by a different artist
- Learn about Artesanías de Colombia, an organization that preserves folk art traditions and promotes a brand of Colombian identity and culture through their programs—and have a jewelry workshops
Cuba | Passport to Folk Art Trip 2018
Eastern Provinces and Havana
January 12 – 22, 2018
February 16 – 26, 2018
Trip Cost:$5,350 Per Person, Sharing; $950 Single Supplement
For a detailed itinerary, more information, and to register for your trip email Peggy Gaustad at email@example.com or call 505.310.1356
Trip Highlights, 10 Nights, 11 Days:
- 3 nights in Santiago de Cuba, a city rich in history from its founder Diego Velazquez, to Hernan Cortez, Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders, and Cuba’s national hero, Jose Marti. We will also be immersed in the folk art and music traditions for which this area is so famous.
- 2 nights in the beautiful seaside town of Baracoa, where Columbus landed in 1492 and proclaimed it to be “the most beautiful land eyes have ever seen.” Due to its relative isolation over the past four centuries, Baracoa is steeped in traditions found only here including a cuisine unique to the area.
- Spend the last 5 nights in Havana at the 5 star Parque Central Hotel with all that this dynamic city has to offer including museums, art galleries, concerts, dance performances and visits with our Folk Art Market friends from years past and present.
All PASSPORT TO FOLK ART** trips are FULLY INCLUSIVE of:
- All Accommodations
- Meals and Beverages
- Transportation including airline tickets for countries on itinerary
- Sightseeing and Transfers
- English-Speaking Guides and Entrance Fees
- Gratuities (Some gratuities on Cuba trips not included in price.)
- Donation to the International Folk Art Alliance
**Add on trips may not have the same inclusions.
You as the traveler need only pay for:
- International Airline Tickets
- Insurance (Required on most, strongly recommended for Cuba)
- Personal Expenses (Airport taxes, visas, camera fees, specialty beverages, etc.)
For details related to accessibility and levels of physical activity with trips, please contact your trip organizer.